“Really perfect weekend. Right place, right food, right people.”
“Wonderful, extremely satisfying experience.”
“Total bliss beginning to end.”
– quotes from 2018 participants
As gay men, we've faced a lot in the half-century since Stonewall. Some of us led the way. Some are just starting our personal journeys. We all face a world no one could have imagined 50 years ago, with both new freedoms and new challenges. Join us at the 2019 Discovery Community Retreat, for a little bit of soul-searching and a lot of fun and relaxation.You can take part in a full schedule of enriching workshops and activities or just take it easy beside the pool with friends old and new. Evenings will include music, games, and a Talent/No-Talent Show that's fun for everyone. At Wildwood Retreat Center, a gathering place for the LGBT community for decades, you can stay in a well-appointed lodge room or a tent. The retreat includes three meals a day from Wildwood's expert chef, served buffet-style indoors and out with casual seating. Come join us for celebration, community, and hope!
• Two- and three-night options
• Two per room (roommate preferences accommodated), platform tent, yurt (shared with four), or bring-your-own-tent site options. Private rooms available at an additional charge.
• Three buffet-style meals per day, prepared with food from local farmers’ markets and onsite organic garden, restricted diet options available. Wine and beer will be permitted at dinner and after organized activities at night (BYOB).
Wildwood Retreat Center in the hills high above Guerneville is a great place to experience all of this and enjoy fabulous amenities:
• 12-man hot tub
• Large swimming pool
• Gourmet meals
• 200 acres of woods, meadows, and hiking trails
Planned activities to include:
• Pool Volleyball
• Dance Party
• Spirit Singing
• HU chant meditation
• Sound healing workshops
• "Dragging Through the Decades" pageant of 60s – 90s fashions
• Wine tasting
• Nature walk/Hiking
• Talent/No-Talent Show
• Facilitated small and large group gatherings
• Open Heart Meditation
• Gay fathering workshop
• GLBTQ history workshop
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT THROUGH JULY 15!
Discounts for first-timers and scholarships available. Car-pooling will be coordinated.
Visit the following Eventbrite link for detailed accommodation and pricing as well as to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/discovery-community-2019-summer-retreat-at-wildwood-celebrating-our-past-imagining-our-future-tickets-62929601131