What we're about
Divorce Options™ of Northern Virginia, sponsored by Collaborative Professionals of Northern Virginia (CPNV), is a low-cost public education program presented by local experts in separation and divorce. Each workshop is led by an attorney, a financial specialist, and a licensed mental health professional. The mission of the Divorce Options™ of Northern Virginia Meetup Group is to educate Members about the options they have when deciding how to approach separation, divorce and any of their legal, financial and emotional aspects.
Divorce Options™ Workshops are for married individuals or couples, or unmarried partners, and who are considering separation and/or divorce. The workshops are also for people who are already engaged in the process of separating and/or divorcing. They are for persons in mixed-gender or same-gender relationships. At least one member of the couple should be a resident of Virginia.
You may attend a Divorce Options™ Workshop alone or as a couple.
Attending a Divorce Options™ Workshop can help you if:
• You and/or your spouse is unsure about whether to get separated or divorced;
• You want to know about peaceful alternatives to contested divorce in court; or
• You want to learn about ways to manage the legal, financial, and emotional aspects of this major life challenge.
Attending a Divorce Options™ Workshop will:
• Help you make informed decisions about whether to divorce and which process choices will most likely help you achieve your desired outcomes, and
• Help you retain control over key decisions about your family and your future, with valuable information from experienced professionals in law, finance, and counseling.
CPNV thanks Collaborative Practice California for making the Divorce Options™ program available in Northern Virginia.