Due to popular demand, we are splitting this Kubernetes over 2 dates/locations! If this event is more convenient to you, RSVP here and don't forget to update your RSVP to 'no' on the Brussels event (https://www.meetup.com/Docker-Belgium/events/240356311/).
By popular request, we are taking our community in a deep dive into Kubernetes. This workshop will have something in store for everyone, dev to ops, newbie to pro, Linux to Mac to Windows:
1. Presentation of Kubernetes architecture (20mins)
2. Install your first cluster on GKE (Google Container Engine)
3. Your first pod with one container
4. Your second pod with two containers
5. Failures and Recovery
6. Scale your application with replication controllers
7. Manage services and firewalling
8. Rolling updates: replace appv1 with appv2
IMPORTANT! Bring your laptop (fully charged!) and charger. And please turn off all sharing, file syncing and other network hogs, so we play nice to the network!
18h30 - Doors Open
19h00 - 21h00 - Workshop
21h00 - 22h00 - Social
Big shoutout to community member zoobab (http://www.zoobab.com/), for taking the lead in this workshop, and In The Pocket (https://inthepocket.mobi) for hosting.
RSVP responsibly!This is a limited seat event. In the past months we have seen a growing number of no-shows at events (= canceling less than 24h from the event or just not showing up at all), leaving empty seats, drinks, food and -above all- people on the waiting list not able to join. So don't be a NO-SHOW'ER, and update your RSVP more than 24h in advance.