Location visible to members
Join us for our local edition of the Docker Global Mentor Week!
Docker Global Mentor Week is your opportunity to #learndocker. Right now, Docker is working on two self paced online labs that will be available through LearnDot. One lab will be for beginners and one lab will be for intermediate users. Docker mentors will be on hand at this event to help you as you work through the self paced materials.
Are you an advanced user? We strongly encourage Docker users of all skill levels to attend! We need a network of mentors who understand the Docker platform to answer any questions that newcomers may have. Click here to sign up as a mentor. (https://community.docker.com/registrations/groups/6947)
6:00 - Doors Open
6:15 - Welcome message, presentation of Docker & snacks
6:30 to 8:30 - Select and work through self-paced lab
8:30 - Socializing
Things to know / prep before the event:
1. Create a Docker Hub account here: (https://hub.docker.com/) You will need a Docker Hub account to access the course materials.
2. You will need to bring your own computer with SSH client like putty
• We will provide Ubuntu instances on AWS for lab sessions.
• Mac users: install Docker for Mac (https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/) or if you have an older Mac,Docker Toolbox (https://docker.github.io/toolbox/).
• Windows users: if you have Windows 10 pro install Docker for Windows (https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-windows/), otherwise install Docker Toolbox (https://docker.github.io/toolbox/). If you want to try the new Windows containers, go through the setup steps in the Windows Container lab (https://github.com/docker/labs/blob/master/windows/windows-containers/Setup.md). It is essential to run this command in Powershell before coming to the event: docker pull microsoft/windowsservercore:latest
Courses to choose from:
Dev Beginner - Linux: This tutorial will guide you through the steps involved in setting up your computer, running your first containers, deploying a web application with Docker and running a multi-container voting app with Docker Compose.
Dev Beginner - Windows: This tutorial will walk you through setting up your environment, running basic containers and creating a Docker Compose multi-container application using Windows containers.
Dev Intermediate: This tutorial teaches you how to network your containers, how you can manage data inside and between your containers and how to use Docker Cloud to build your image from source and use developer tools and programming languages with Docker.
Ops Beginner: The beginner part of the Ops tutorial will teach you how to set up a swarm, how to use it to host your own registry, how to build your app container images and how to deploy and scale a distributed application called Dockercoins.
Ops Intermediate: From global container scheduling, overlay networks troubleshooting, dealing with stateful services and node management, this tutorial will show you how to operate your swarm cluster at scale and take you on a swarm mode deep dive.