6:00 - Networking & Pizza.
6:30 - Talk #1.
7:30 - Q&A break.
7:45 - Talk #2.
8:30 - Q&A break & wrap-up.
1. Victoria Livschitz, Qubell founder and CTO, will present "Autonomic application environments with Qubell and Docker for web and big data applications" and demonstrate the power of Docker+ Qubell.
Qubell is an autonomic application delivery and management platform for web, enterprise and big data applications. It delivers on a promise of self-service, push-button creation of complex applications environments that can scale on demand, upgrade continuously and self-heal themselves when their environment changes.
This talk will cover the following topics:
· Introduction to Qubell and autonomic application environment management
· Overview of key use cases:
o Self-service test sandboxes
o Automated CICD pipeline
o Continuous production upgrades
o Visibility of environment configurations and their changes
· Demonstrate how this works for big data environments using "Qubell for Hadoop Developers" accelerator
· Demonstrate the power of Qubell + Docker for test environments
Victoria is a serial entrepreneur, technologist and trailblazer. In 2012, she founded Qubell, the first autonomic application management platform for cloud applications. Prior to Qubell, she founded Grid Dynamics, a pioneer of enterprise clouds and successful provider of innovative technology solutions for digital retailers. Victoria spent ten years at Sun as principal scientist and chief architect where she has received a number of technology achievement awards and patents in distributed systems. Victoria started her career at Ford as high-performance computing engineer. Victoria studied applied mathematics in the former Soviet Union, computer science at Case Western Reserve University and later again at Stanford, and electrical engineering at Purdue University.
2. Dave Nielsen will present a brief demo and intro to deploying Containers
Prepare tp discuss:
• How do apps developed in containers get deployed?
• Do you get rid of virtual machines completely or do you push containers into VMs?
• Do you embrace a PaaS like Cloud Foundry or go all in with containers and CoreOS or Mesosphere?
By day, Dave is a consultant helping firms engage with influential leaders in the developer & DevOps communities. He is particularly fascinated by Cloud Computing APIs and Platforms. By night, is the founder of CloudCamp, a community of 50,000 disruptive cloud enthusiasts and community organizers in 100+ cities around the world. Follow Dave on Twitter @davenielsen (https://twitter.com/davenielsen).
Thank you GE Software (https://www.gesoftware.com/) for hosting us again!
Thank you Qubell (http://qubell.com/)for sponsoring pizza and drinks!