addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Victoria
user 11654020
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 1
I am sick with a chronic illness that has hit hard this past year. I have been looking for a home for my dog, Phoebe, but have been unsuccessful in finding someone who will take her.

She is a 3 1/2 year old Border Collie / Lab mix. A high energy dog who needs a person or couple who is active on a daily basis (a run or long walk). She is a herding dog so even though she has been socialized around young children, I will not place her in a home with children.

She LOVES other dogs, so would do well in a home with a friend. But will also do well as an only dog. She is a good dog. She is basic obedience trained, housebroken, and spayed. She is shy at first, but loves being around people.

She does have some behavior issues due to lack of exercise. I have been unable to give her the exercise she needs for quite some time. So she has LOTS of pent up energy. This comes out as over excitement, barking, and anxiety. But before I got sick, when she was getting the exercise she needed, these were not problems. So I am certain with the right exercise she will go back to being her balanced happy self.

Please, I need help. I've posted on craigslist, I've talked to rescues. I won't relinquish her to a shelter where she will be in a cage all day. I won't give her to just anyone who says they want "her type of dog". I want to know she is going to a good home where she will get the exercise she deserves. I need a dog lover who is commited to their animals and who is honestly active.

If anyone knows someone who is looking for a dog to run with, please let them know about Phoebe. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and help.

Victoria