For the last meetup in 2016, Mr Nathan Wall the head of govCMS from Department of Finance will bring us an AMA (Ask Me Anything) session about govCMS. A list of questions have been collected from the community in previous meetup:
• What is the roadmap for govCMS ?
• When are we going to have Drupal 8 in govCMS ?
• What are the current tasks in govCMS team and what are the priorities ?
• What is the role of the govCMS team?
• Does the govCMS team maintain the project?
• How can the Drupal community contribute to the project?
• Does govCMS encourage the community to contribute to the project?
• If the community find a bug in the codebase, does the govCMS team take the responsibility of fixing it?
• What is the budget breakdown of govCMS project?
• Who are the govCMS vendors? And what are the their roles in govCMS?
• What is the process to add a module in govCMS?
• How does govCMS prevent people from doing ‘everything’ in theme? (Things should have been done in the module level now is done in the theme level.)
• Can some configurations permission be granted to the end user ?
• The end user can not see a lot configurations, a tiny change in the configuration level can take long time to complete
• The end users don’t know what they can do in govCMS without seeing the configurations
• What is the benefits of govCMS ?
Please come bring your questions to the session, we look forward to discussing with you regarding govCMS.
Thanks Oakton for the sponsership.