RSVPs open 4pm Tuesday 30th January
this month, thanks to Maxence Poutord (https://twitter.com/_maxpou) and Ignacio Velazquez (https://twitter.com/nass600 ) we will be running a workshop on Vue.js.
Vue.js (pronounced “view”) could be the 'V' in an MV* pattern. The reason why this framework is gaining popularity the last few years is its straightforward syntax. Similar to React, Vue.js is component-oriented but with a far lower barrier to entry (you don't need to learn JSX). Indeed, Vue's syntax will probably look familiar to anyone who has worked with Angular/Mustache in the past.
In this workshop we will learn about Vue.js. Don't worry if you are a beginner, the tutorial can be followed by people new too!
* Exploring Vue.js basics (including templates, components) and his ecosystem (HTTP calls, routing and state management)
* Create an app based on StackOverflow API
* Bring your own laptop with Git, NPM and your favourite Text editor / IDE installed
* (optional) VS Code Plugin: Vetur (https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=octref.vetur …)
* (optional) Atom Plugin: language-vue (https://atom.io/packages/language-vue …)
* Vue browser devtools installed
* Firefox (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/vue-js-devtools/ …)
* Chrome (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/vuejs-devtools/nhdogjmejiglipccpnnnanhbledajbpd …)
Running Order:[masked] - Grab a seat and get settled
7-9 - VueJS workshop
Chris, Ingrid & Pat