This inaugural Dunedin Open Data Meetup will set the scene of where we are at with open data, in the process working on answering the following questions:
- What does it take for data to be considered “open”?
- Why try to make data open?
- So, New Zealand has signed up to the International Open Data Charter, so what?
- Why is this important?
- What is the “Open Data Programme” doing?
- What does it mean for me?
- How can I or my organisation contribute?
- What barriers that Governmental agencies have to overcome in order to open up their data
Networking and nibbles:
This is also a great opportunity to establish connections and grow your networks over some tasty snacks and refreshments. This will be hosted off the back of Data Visulisation Training Session 1 for those that are also registered for this event.
Keep an eye out on our Twitter @opendatanz for more information on joining this event.