addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Dutch DIY Bio Group Message Board › search for biohackers Crispr cas

search for biohackers Crispr cas

eli
Brouwer
Amsterdam, NL
Post #: 1
Dear fellow DIY bio-lovers,

I want to create a lecture/workshop concept about crispr cas on the kitchen table on the wageningen University. Does anybody knows a biohacker who is really into Crispr Cas and who would like to speak? Or more in general genome editing and analyzing? It is important that I can see some of your/their work.

With ideas from the audience we want to try to find out what are the borders were you can work in if you start in your living room. For this I like to invite a biohacker and a professor in crispr cas here on the university to work on a random idea from the audience. To show in a practical way what are the possibilities to get started on your kitchen table. I am still exploring the concept therefore I try to ask as many experts as I know what they think about the concept? All feedback is nice! You maybe can not do directly a lot but the conversation around it would already open up possibilities.

With Biospaces I try to set up platform in to promote students and hobbyists to work on their ideas and promote labs to work together with people with ideas. Map what are the spaces in and around wageningen where you can get started. And look to the pathways of hands on experts made. Opening up the University and its surroundings for individual ideas basically.
This lecture would fit in because it would give the boundaries of working at home or your garage.

I had the first lecture up and running last monday, but are thinking ahead for the next lecture.
If you into brainstorm about this do not hesitate contact me on the email.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers Eli

http://biospaces.info...­
eli.brouwer@wur.nl