If you're a woman whose children are "all grown up" (even though they never really grow up), and you're in need of some new friends, this could be the group for you!
Although there is no age limit and you don't have to be an empty nester, this is mainly for women ages 50+ who are looking for some new friends to kick back with and and have some fun. Some of us are single; some are married. Some have children; some don't; some even have children still living at home. Please note that most of our activities occur in the area bounded by highways 35W/114/121/183/820. We occasionally go outside this area but not often.
If you're considering joining our group, but you want to know what kinds of activities we do before you join.... some of our activities include game nights in our homes, movies, dinners out, craft nights, theater, shopping, community events, travel (cruises, guided tours, weekends away), and we've even gone boating, fishing, and camping! One of our most fun events was a pajama party. We didn't spend the night, but we did all those girlie things girls do when they get together. We're a group of every-day women who like a variety of activities. We schedule events on weekends, week nights, and once in a while, daytime during the week.
Once you're a member, click on the "Calendar" tab (right above the featured meetup). Look through our calendar, and see if any of our upcoming events appeal to you! This group can be whatever we want to make of it. Give me your ideas for some meetups!
Let's have some fun, and while we're doing that, let's make some forever-lasting friends!
"Life was meant to be lived, and curiosity must be kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life." -- Eleanor Roosevelt
NOW, FOR A FEW GUIDELINES:
1) Please RSVP for events. If you do not RSVP, you will be considered a "No." Additionally, if you RSVP that you will attend an event, please honor that commitment. Don't be a "no-show." If you are a no-show three times in a six-month period, you will be removed from the group. Cancellations within 24 hours of the scheduled time of an event will be considered no-shows (exceptions may be granted at the event host's sole discretion). So, as you RSVP, please keep this in mind.
2) It is important that you check into the site at least once per month to keep yourself as an active member of the group. If you show as an inactive member for 3 or more months (if you do not visit the site for more than 3 months), you will be removed from the group.
3) After you've attended a meetup or two, please pay your meetup membership dues ($5/year). You may pay through PayPal or directly to the Organizer of the group.
4) This is not a networking club. Promoting your business on our site or at meetups is not permitted.
5) We will occasionally have co-ed or family-friendly events, but typically our events are for women. Once in a while your husband/boyfriend will be welcome to join us.
6) The Organizer reserves the right to terminate any Membership at any time.