What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Join the opening ceremony for https://hackathon.metis.io: Build Ethereum DApps on Metis Layer 2 for a chance to win a share of $1M in the $METIS prize pool!
METIS is an Ethereum Layer 2 Optimistic Rollup Platform for Web 3.0 Economy with its own $METIS utility token. (https://metis.io)
Build or port existing Ethereum DApp on Metis Layer 2 and use the following advantages while staying on Ethereum:
- Low gas fees (as low as cents as opposed to tens of dollars on Ethereum)
- Fast transactions (seconds as opposed to few minutes on Ethereum)
- Complete compatibility with Ethereum (EVM) - if you are already on Ethereum you can port to Metis for all the above advantages at no cost and in no time
- Create your own token (tokenize) without coding and more...
Building Dapps on Metis Layer 2 is exactly like building DApps on Ethereum (see the https://youtu.be/91SdU84D9KM for instructions), so start building new or porting existing DApps and submit your project into one of the following tracks:
- Decentralized Finance (DeFi) Projects Track
- Popular Web2 Integrations Track
- Popular Web3 Integrations Track
- Decentralized Gaming Track
- Digital Art/Collectibles Track
- United Nations Sustainable Goals Track
More information about the tracks here: https://hackathon.metis.io/#tracks
We have 12 winning prizes:
We also keep announcing the additional partner prizes every day, including ones for the best female team from CryptoPunk and CryptoChicks.
Post-Hackathon Builder Mining: All Tracks submissions are encouraged to apply for the additional Metis Layer 2 Ecosystem grant at https://metis.io/grants and draw mining rewards from every transaction your DApp makes on Metis. We set aside $1,000,000 USD for this program.
This kickoff opening ceremony agenda :
- Hackathon rules, logistics and prizes (30 mins)
- Elena Sinelnikova of Metis.io, How to build/migrate your Ethereum DApp on Metis workshop (30 mins)
- Pavel Sinelnikov of Metis.io, The Hacker Mindset workshop (30 mins)
- Angela Bee Chan of Hackathons International, Token Economics Models in Leveraged Yield farming protocol
- Emily Sit of Bagels Finance