Meet some new friends while we Explore the Bay together. This group is about providing value to the community, having fun, exploring new places, and meeting new friends. We are a social group of singles and couples who enjoy exploring the wonderful Bay Area of Northern California. In fact, according to the Meetup.com algorithm, we are the most active "Social" group in the Bay Area (pre-pandemic). Join us as we explore cool bars, night clubs, restaurants, museums, vineyards, hiking adventures, house parties, etc. We will also offer some community volunteer opportunities. We will LEVERAGE our group to receive discounts, extended happy hours, and other great perks that an individual cannot get. Note that we move the party all around the Bay Area to keep our events interesting and to continually attract new quality citizens. Join and you will meet some quality, new friends.
WHO CAN JOIN
Adults 21 and over. Our members range in age from 21 to 80+. Single people and people in relationships are in this group. This is not a singles group. If you don't feel comfortable about being around people from different age groups, then you either are just trying to hook up or you haven't grown up yet. Note that we don't and won't tolerate any discrimination with respect to race, religion, age, sex, or gender.
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE GROUP
Personal photo required where the person is recognizable. Action shots, group photos, and topless pics are not permitted. Must be an adult age 21 and over. Members who are admitted must read these rules including the disclaimer at the end which states members are forfeiting some rights.
EXPECTED MEMBER CONDUCT
1. Members are expected to read the event description and any updates posted by the Event Organizer before attending an event. This helps eliminate the need to ask questions that have already been explicitly stated in the event description. It also keeps expectations in alignment with the event format/structure.
2. In order to receive important emails sent from Event Organizers, make sure that you have the following setting options enabled for this group: ‘Announcement about a specific Meetup’ and ‘Announcement to members about the group’.
3. When interested in attending an event, each member will need to secure a spot online. Note that if they later decide that they want to bring a guest to an event that they already signed up for that is full, they will either need to lose their spot and go to the end of the waiting list or they will need to encourage their guest to join the group and add their name to the waiting list. Please do not contact the event organizer and ask to add a guest. This creates too much work.
4. We encourage active membership. Note that we sometimes remove inactive members from the group, especially organizers from other groups that don't attend any of our events.
GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL FROM THE GROUP
1. Any behavior that causes a problem for another member of the group. Not limited, but including the following: being touchy, overly aggressive, creepy, excessive gossiping or any behavior that causes bad drama.
2. Excessive no shows in relation to the number of events attended. Note that we take attendance at most events. Members are responsible to monitor their own registration status. When you are on a waiting list, don't assume that you won't get into an event. If a member makes other plans, they are responsible to change their registration from either the attending list or waiting list to the not attending list.
3. Repeatedly bailing out of events on the day the event is scheduled. A high frequency of this behavior can lead to being removed from the group. Note that if you bail out the same day of an event, you will be marked as a "no show".
4. Sending emails to members they have not met before for the purposes of dating. This isn't a singles group nor is it a dating website.
5. Sending spam emails to members to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
6. Freeloaders who take advantage of the generosity of others are removed from the group. This includes attending an event at a venue and not purchasing anything. Note that venues staff up to support our events. If the revenue isn't high, then they lose money and then organizers have to volunteer more time to find a new venue.
7. Posting comments on an event page or using the "Start a conversation..." functionality to promote a business, event, etc. without permission of the main organizer.
8. Not having a picture where they are recognizable. Members who are not recognizable in their ETB profile picture are subject to removal.
9. Any behaving in a manner that suggests a sense of entitlement such as requesting organizers to volunteer too much of their valuable time.
10. Excessive posting of comments or negative comments on event wall-space. This requires the Event Host to volunteer additional time. It also causes members to waste time looking for important event updates. Note that there is no need for members to post why they will not be attending an event.
11. Texting or calling the Organizer for any reason other than trying to find the group during a meetup event. Note that the number is provided as a courtesy to facilitate finding the group only. No exceptions.
12. Showing up to an event without securing a spot (crashing). Note that members are not allowed to bring a guest to an event unless they secure a spot online for their guest. Some events are limited to members only.
13. Bringing children or pets to an event unless the event explicitly states that they are permitted.
14. Any members that copy the content of this group including the charter of the group (on this page), event descriptions, event updates, our events, etc. for the benefit of organizing events with other groups will be removed from the group. Plagiarism will not be tolerated.
IMPORTANT TO READ REGARDING YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS / DISCLAIMER FOR EVENT ACTIVITIES AND SITE USE
In exchange for participation in the activities organized by the Explore the Bay (ETB) Meetup Group you agree for yourself and your guests (if applicable), to the following:
You are responsible for your own interactions with other members of the ETB Meetup Group. You understand that the group does not do background checks on any of our existing members or on new members joining the group. This site makes no representations or warranties as to the conduct of its members. The organizers & event hosts of this group are NOT liable for any damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to your conduct or anyone else's conduct in connection with or attending an event with the ETB Meetup Group or use of this site. This includes, without limitation, bodily injury and emotional distress. You agree to take reasonable precautions in all interactions with other members of the group, including if you decide to meet outside of an event. In addition, you agree to the group's terms and conditions noted above and to abide by them.
You agree to observe & obey all posted rules & warnings, & further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by organizers or event hosts of the group when attending an event.
You recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the organized activities and you assume full responsibility for personal injury to yourself and (if applicable) to your guests, and further release and discharge the organizers and even hosts for injury, loss or damage arising out of your attendance or your guest’s attendance of an ETB event, whether caused by the fault of yourself, your guests, or other third parties.
You agree to indemnify and defend ETB against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgements, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in way arise from your attendance or your guest’s attendance of an ETB event.
You agree to pay for all damages to the facilities caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by you or your guests.
Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under California law.
You agree and acknowledge that you are under no pressure or duress to agree to this and that you have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before agreeing. You further agree and acknowledge that you are free to have your own legal counsel review this Agreement if you so desire.
You have read this document & understand it. You further understand that by joining this group or remaining a member of this group, you voluntary surrender the legal rights noted above.