What we're about
This is a group for intermediate to advanced volleyball players (grass, sand, and indoor).
• Our goal is to create fun and competitive games so we are limiting membership to intermediate+ players. This means you should be able to consistently serve and pass the ball to maintain volleys. By USA Volleyball ratings, this should be level B and above.
• "BB" player knows where to be on the court at all times when plays are developing. He/she knows where to be when the opponent is hitting. A "BB" player knows the footwork of and how to approach hitting effectively. A "BB" player knows how to run a 5-1, a 6-2, and needlessly, a 4-2.
• A- An "A" player is somewhere between "BB" and "AA". They know all the skills extremely well but cannot always execute the super-high level plays extremely effectively all the time. "A" players can run combination plays in a basic way if passes are good. That includes slides, tandems, x's, crosses, and back-row hitting.
• Location: East Bay locations may include parks and gyms in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and surrounding cities.
• Format: 2s, 3s, and 4s outdoors. 6s indoors.
• For Safety, the following rules apply to all game formats: no kicking, no pursuits, no touching any part of the net.
• BRINGING GUESTS - We want to keep the quality of play as best as possible, so if you want to invite other players to this group, please ensure that they are fundamentally sound and have good experience with the sport.
• RSVPs - Please update your RSVPs if plans change. Updates need to be made at least 2 hours prior to the start of events. We set up nets based on anticipated participants. Multiple no shows will be removed. No-shows when there are members on the waitlist will be removed.
• Participation - We'd like to keep the group manageable in size. Inactive members may be removed based on our discretion.
• Equipment - We use official Wilson AVP or sand balls for outdoor games.
Upcoming events (1)
Past events (745)
This content is available only to members