What we're about
This is a group for intermediate to advanced volleyball players (grass, sand, and indoor).
• Our goal is to create fun and competitive games so we are limiting membership to intermediate+ players. This means you should be able to consistently serve and pass the ball to maintain volleys. By USA Volleyball ratings, this should be level B and above. See more details here: http://bit.ly/1dH91VQ Players with at least HS Varsity level experience preferred.
• Location: East Bay locations may include parks and gyms in Oakland, Berkeley, Alameda, and surrounding cities.
• Format: 2s, 3s, and 4s outdoors. 6s indoors.
• For Safety, the following rules apply to all game formats: no kicking, no pursuits, no touching any part of the net.
• BRINGING GUESTS - We want to keep the quality of play as best as possible, so if you want to invite other players to this group, please ensure that they are fundamentally sound and have good experience with the sport.
• RSVPs - Please update your RSVPs if plans change. Updates need to be made at least 2 hours prior to the start of events. We set up nets based on anticipated participants. Multiple no shows will be removed. No-shows when there are members on the waitlist will be removed.
• Participation - We'd like to keep the group manageable in size. Inactive members may be removed based on our discretion.
• Equipment - We use official Wilson AVP or sand balls for outdoor games.