What we're about
At the East London Art Club, what we do is simple but powerful: we provide a friendly and welcoming space and materials for you to experiment with painting and drawing. Simple as that. A small and optional £3 donation is suggested to cover Meetup fees and materials. We are not an art class – there’s no particular ‘tuition’, though we do share ideas and techniques with each other. You don't need to have any experience, or even any idea what you're going to create. You just turn up and allow your natural creativity to flow - to naturally find your own style and direction. All in the supportive presence of others doing the same.
The class format includes:
* creative practice time * quiet time for reflection
* chatting while you work! * ‘sharing’ skills and insights
PLEASE NOTE: We only have 12 spaces - so no guests!
1) You can RSVP to any of the events 5 days before the event (but not sooner).
2) If you RSVP 'Yes' and later realise you can't come PLEASE CHANGE YOUR RSVP to a NO so that someone can come in your place.
3) RSVPs close 5 hours before the event and those who haven't changed their RSVP by then and don't show up with be charged £3 (which goes towards Meetup fees and art materials) - to prevent no-shows!
*Please be considerate, as PayPal takes a cut, so the full donation does not go to the Art Club, even though you can get a full refund - in fact, if lots of refunds are made, we will make a loss.
Volunteer facilitators are not paid for their precious time, and so please consider donating an additional £1 per question asked here, which will go towards Meetup fees and art supplies - particularly if making complicated requests.
Any suggestions of course welcomed!*
You may want to bring something to take your artwork home in - especially if your painting is still wet! For example, a used newspaper may come in handy, along with a plastic bag.
The East London Art Club is offered at the Create Place, part of St. Margaret's House. The Create Place is a community space that promotes core values of wellbeing, personal empowerment and community spirit where both teachers and students benefit from an atmosphere free of judgement or competition. For more information please visit http://www.stmargaretshouse.org.uk/createplace