This is a adults-only group for anyone who enjoys bicycling on and exploring the numerous and beautiful Rail Trails available in Eastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We will rotate trails so as to explore as many as possible. In addition to local trails regional trail rides within a reasonable driving distance (say 2 hours) may be posted for those willing to do a day trip ride. Ride route suggestions will be entertained. Posted events will feature rides of various lengths, typically from 10-30 miles, at a moderate pace. Re-grouping stops will be made, so no one is left behind. We may incorporate optional stops for a bite to eat on some rides. Let's hit the Trails and enjoy the outdoors!
All members must have a recognizable profile photo of themselves.
RISK DISCLAIMER - PLEASE READ BEFORE JOINING:
RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY, ASSUMPTION OF RISK, AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT ("RELEASE")
In consideration of being permitted to participate in any way in a bicycle ride or other activity or event sponsored by Eastern PA/NJ Rail Trail Cycling Group ("Bicycling" or "Activity"), I, for myself, my heirs, personal representatives, successors, and assigns,intending to be legally bound, agree as set forth below.
1. I acknowledge, agree, and represent that I understand the risks involved in participating in Bicycling and that I am qualified, in good health, and in proper physical condition to participate in such Activity. I further acknowledge that the Activity will be conducted over public roads and facilities open to the public during the Activity and upon which the hazards of bicycling are expected.
2. I fully understand that: (a) All events held by the Eastern PA/NJ Rail Trail Cycling Group are social occasions, and no Organizer or Event Host or any other person shall be deemed as holding themselves out in any capacity as professional guides or experts in Bicycling or any other Activity; (b) the act of participating in Bicycling or an Activity, involves risks and dangers of serious bodily injury, including permanent disability, paralysis, and death ("risks"); (c) these Risks may be caused by my own actions, or inactions, or by the actions or inactions of others participating in the Activity, the conditions under which the Activity takes place, or the negligence of the "Releasees'' named below; (d) there may be other risks and social and economic losses either not known to me or not readily foreseeable at this time; and I fully accept and assume all such risks and all responsibility for personal injuries, losses, damages, costs and expenses I may suffer or incur as a result of my participation in the Activity.
3. I hereby release, discharge, and agree not to sue Thomas Kosmala, the Eastern PA/NJ Rail Trail Cycling Group, and any and all other present and future Organizers, Event Hosts, or any other persons, including, but not limited to, any persons involved in organizing and promoting any Activity, group agents, volunteers, group members, other participants, any other sponsors, advertisers, promoters, and, if applicable, owners and lessors of any premises on which the Activity takes place, (each considered one of the "Releasees" herein) from all liability, claims, demands, losses or damages incurred as the result of my participation in the Bicycling Activity (including, but not limited to claims, losses, or damage caused or alleged to be caused, in whole or in part, by the negligence of a Releasee or otherwise); and I further agree that if, despite this Release, I, or anyone on my behalf, makes a claim against any of the Releasees, I will indemnify, save, and hold harmless each of the Releasees from any litigation expenses, attorney fees, loss, liability, damage, or cost which any of the Releasees may incur as the result of such claim.
4. I hereby agree to wear a helmet when participating in any Eastern PA/NJ Rail Trail Cycling Group ride.
5. I hereby agree that I am responsible for following all traffic laws.
I, being over the age of 18, have read this Release, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to it, and have agreed to it freely and without any inducements or assurance of any nature and intend it to be a complete and unconditional release of all liability relating to Bicycling or other Activity to the greatest extent allowed by law, and agree that if any portion of this Release is held to be invalid, the balance of it, notwithstanding, shall continue in full force and effect.