This group is for anyone interested in attending local, healthy food events and participating in meal planning, healthy food education and cooking classes for the everyday lifestyle. Class menus include recipes for vegan, vegetarian, raw food, gluten free, pescatarian and paleo diets, or combinations of the same. Our mission is to serve as a healthy food resource for the community and have FUN with food in the process.
COOKING AND EDUCATIONAL CLASSES:
Each Cooking or Healthy Food Education Class is approximately 90 minutes in duration and includes (as applicable):
• A minimum of 20 minutes of healthy food discussion for Cooking Classes. 90 minutes for healthy food education only class.)
• A copy of each recipe, including its nutritional value for each recipe prepared in cooking classes
• At least 60-minutes hands-on meal preparation per Cooking Class
• Ingredients and equipment to prepare each dish, including an apron for use during each Cooking Class.
• EIR apron to purchase for use during the Cooking Class and/or take home after the class. (Optional)
• At hosts discretion, EIR giveaway or other giveaway items such as mugs, salad, shakers, reusable shopping bags or water bottles, etc., which may be included as free raffles during certain classes.
The first 30 days of group membership is free. After the first 30 day, continued membership in the group requires payment of a non-refundable, annual membership fee in the amount of $17 to cover the costs of group maintenance, booking class venues and the purchase of class equipment & supplies. Each Cooking Class will have a nominal fee $25-$30 (payable upfront) to cover the costs of food and any special equipment needed for each class. The cost for classes varies depending on specific menu. Cooking Class sizes are limited to 20 participants, organized in groups of five (5), for hands-on meal preparation. A minimum of ten (10) participants is required for each class.
Once your group membership is approved you will receive a welcome message containing a list of questions (in addition to the question included in the application process) to help us learn more about you and your healthy food goals. Please carefully consider and answer each question and send your responses to us using the Meetup Messenger feature. (NOTE: Only the group administrator will see your responses.)
WAIVER: Some classes may not be suitable for everyone, based on food allergies and preferences . All risk of participation in Cooking Classes or group events is assumed by the participant.
DISCLAIMER: Materials provided in Cooking and Education Classes (collectively, classes) are for educational and general information purposes only, and are not intended to be, nor are they, a substitute for medical consultation. You should consult your physician or health care provider for medical consultation and diet planning. By joining this meetup group and participating in group events and/or Classes or utilizing recipes and/or information provided during Classes (collectively, Materials) you implicitly agree to release and hold harmless the group owner/administrator and its sponsors from all claims, liabilities, losses or damages (whether in torts or otherwise) related to your use of Material or participation in Classes or events.
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members