What we're about
Upcoming events (1)
Ecstatic Dance DC is the dance-iest dance floor in all of DC. An incredible diversity of expressions and generations show up for one thing: to dance. All magic and connection sprouts from that singular intention. Our barefoot, non-verbal, lucid space is curated for you to let loose, play, commune with your body and connect with others in a vibrant setting.
8:00pm - Doors open
10:30pm - End of Session
:: DJ Shango ::
Tickets are $25 at the door.
The Edgewood Arts Center
With regard to public health and our commitment to making Ecstatic Dance as safe as possible, we will be requiring proof of vaccination or negative covid test for entry. Thank you for your help keeping our community safe!
Please contact us about volunteer opportunities, which gives you free entry. Volunteer schedules must be arranged BEFORE dance day, no exceptions. Limited space available.
First time to an Ecstatic Dance? Here's an introduction to what we're about:
Ecstatic Dance is a community gathering for people who want to express themselves in a playful and artistic space with other people who value conscious connection, movement, and great music!
We create a dance/movement space that is inspiring and uplifting, without talking, alcohol or nightclub vibes. We encourage participants to utilize the Ecstatic Dance space as a laboratory for creative movement, unbridled self-expression, authentic connections and a healthy dose of sweat.
We hold a nonverbal, barefoot, alcohol-free container to keep the journey intentional and lucid. You can dance the night away and still wake up early to do awesome stuff in the world!
1. No talking on the dance floor
2. Drug-Free, Smoke-Free, Alcohol-Free environment
3. No photos or videos, cellphones muted and out of sight
4. Respect for the space and for one another
5. Move your body however you wish!
6. You can dance alone, or with partners. (If you’d rather not dance with someone, thank them for the offer by placing your hands in prayer position at your heart)
What to Bring:
1. Loose-fitting clothes that let you move your body and free yourself
2. Water and a water bottle. You can refill it at the venue.
See you there!