This is a group for anyone interested in playing soccer near the area of Edgewater, Cliffside Park, Fort lee, Weehawken, West New York, etc. but we will welcome you regardless of where you live.
THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP IS TO HAVE FUN, PLAY CASUAL SOCCER AND PLAY A BEAUTIFUL GAME AS A TEAM. WE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT WANT OT PLAY TOGETHER FROM TIME TO TIME, HAVE FUN AND GET SOME EXERCISE DONE.
We are not organizing any formal event or games, run any league or provide a service. By becoming a part of the group you just become part of a group of people/friends/amigos that get together time to time to play soccer together.
We will play friendly but competitive games. We don't want anyone getting hurt so we do not go hard on any challenge. Please take care of your fellow teammates. WE WELCOME EVERYONE REGARDLESS OF GENDER OR LEVEL OF SKILL.
We will play 7v7 games with 3 teams, rotating after 2 goals or 8 minutes. Winner stays. When tied, the team that played the most rotate.
Goalie cannot use hands (goals are 6 x 4).
- RESPECT OTHER PLAYERS
- Encourage less skilled players so they can improve
- PASS THE BALL. We will be playing beautiful soccer as a team with short pass. We don't want you to hog the ball or try to dribble the entire team. We want to play simple and short.
- DO NOT criticize, bully or make negative comments to other players. We can talk to each other during the game to enhance the flow of the game but in NO WAY we want negative comments.
- DO NOT CURSE or FIGHT. The purpose of the group is to have fun. This is very serious, and if you do, we will ask you to leave the group.
- NO SLIDE TACKLE. We don't want anyone getting hurt.
- NO CLEATS. Turf shoes or sneakers only. We don't want people getting hurt.
- When someone calls for FOUL, stop the ball. Do not complain about the foul or try to argue. Just say sorry and ask if the fouled person is fine. Be reasonable when calling the fouls.
- If you kick the ball out of the field, you are required to chase after the ball and bring it back. Do not wait for others to pick up the ball for you. If other member volunteer to go for the ball for you, as a courtesy, thank them.
The same as with any group of friends, if anyone is organizing and buying stuff, we all share the cost and contribute or chip-in for the cause. We will have a small fee/contribution for equipment we use.
Play at your own risk
By joining this group you understand and agree that you just become part of a group of friend that get together casually to play soccer from time to time and you acknowledge you are playing at my own risk similar to any other group of friends getting together in the park to play casually. You acknowledge that we are not organizing a formal event or games nor we are running any league. Additionally, organizers and/or hosts will not be held responsible for any injuries or mishaps which can occur while partaking in the games to you or your guests.