Time to do a seaside sketch. Simple idea...
Meet at the Beach House Cafe next to the sea and then walk over to the beach. Try to arrive on time as we won't stay in the bar longer than half an hour. If it's raining we can revert to the National Museum of Scotland.
What is Urban Sketching? The idea came from the original group in San Francisco who created a manifesto that was copied around the globe in all major cities:
Urban Sketchers Manifesto
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time.
Let's do this!