What we're about
This meetup is for people who want the benefits of meeting people and networking without the pain of conventional networking events.
Take: One part workshop, one part support group, and one part mixer. That's the recipe for a WHN meetup.
At every monthly meeting, we all participate in a different guided activity designed to connect us with one another, get some conversations started, and learn a skill related to networking.
The activities will never be silly or humiliating, just simple exercises that give us a topic and/or framework to get introduced and start talking.
Then, everyone will be welcome to stay and keep talking, or call it a day. It's entirely up to each person.
If you'd like to engage with us and share your hatred of networking online, we also have a private Facebook group you can join: Click here for that. (https://www.facebook.com/groups/147986169063592/?fref=nf)
1. We will arrive on time and begin on time. Anyone arriving more than 15 minutes late will not be allowed to participate and will forfeit their ticket price.
2. There will be no unsolicited exchange of business cards. You cannot offer someone a card, but you can give them one if they ask you for it.
3. We will strive to listen as much as we speak.
4. All attendees will participate in the facilitated activities, saving side conversations for the end of the program.
5. Respect is the key to all WHN gatherings. This includes respect for ourselves as well as for others.