Wayfair has been using the Elastic Stack as a centralized logging platform since 2014. Our infrastructure has over 2,700 instances with 500 TB SSD storage and supports over 3 billion logs a day. In this talk, we will go over how we migrated the on-prem platform to the cloud.
We will cover:
* How Wayfair is using terraform, consul and puppet to automate the deployment and configuration of Elasticsearch Clusters in GCP
* How we designed the clusters to be cost-effective.
* Will go over shard awareness, index settings, instance types, and storage types
* How we leverage local SSDs for high throughput and yet overcome the trade-offs in availability, durability, and flexibility
* How we are using hot and cold architecture to improve our query performance
Elastic's Solution Architect team will also cover "What's new with Elastic?" We will provide updates to our most recent releases and a look into our roadmap.
About the speakers:
Zubin Rupani is a DevOps engineer at Wayfair. He has been a part of the Wayfair Infrastructure Engineering team for over 3 years. He is leading the project to migrate Wayfair's Elastic Stack to GCP. He is lives in greater Boston with his fiancée and dog. In his free time, he loves to read about trending distributed systems, playing video games, watching soccer and hiking.
🎓 Learn more about Elastic
• Elastic Community: https://www.elastic.co/community
• Monthly Community Newsletter: https://www.elastic.co/community/newsletter
• Discussion Forums: https://discuss.elastic.co/
• Boston Instructor-lead (Paid) Training - June 17-20: https://training.elastic.co/?courseId=0&city=BOSTON
Will you still be hungry for more security after AWS re:Inforce 2019?
Join us Wednesday evening just down the road from the event at Elastic's new Boston WeWork office location for a security-focused meetup.
Already on the agenda is Elastic's Director of Product, Security Market, Mike Paquette, who will open a discussion about log-based cyber threat hunting, and how a common schema, machine-learning anomaly detection, and a fast search platform can come together to support a modern threat hunting practice.
We'll be adding an additional speaker as we get closer to the event! (email [masked] if you're interested)