Speaker Series in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Policy: GT School of Public Policy
Cyber Civil Liberties and the New Administration: An Outsider’s Inside View
by Hon. Bob Barr, Former Member of Congress and Libertarian Candidate for President
Monday, February 13, 4:30-6pm
School of Public Policy
DM Smith Bldg., Room 105 (Lecture Hall)
Bob Barr has been one of America’s most outspoken advocates of civil liberties.
Barr has worked with both the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) and the American Conservative Union (ACU).
Among his most visible work was fierce opposition to the Patriot Act and its powers of surveillance.
At this event Mr. Barr will speak about the prospects for cyber civil liberties under the administration of President Trump.
This event sponsored by:
• School of Public Policy, Georgia Tech
• Internet Governance Project
• Electronic Frontiers Georgia (EFGA)
Google Map Addresses:
• Visitor Parking: “232 North Ave. NW (https://www.google.com/maps/place/232+North+Avenue+NW,+Atlanta,+GAfirstname.lastname@example.org,-84.3969683,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x88f50462ea09090b:0x5ae8222b9db2ee6b%218m2%213d33.7713236%214d-84.3947796)”
• DM Smith Bldg: “685 Cherry St. NW (https://www.google.com/maps/place/685+Cherry+St+NW,+Atlanta,+GAemail@example.com,-84.3974517,17z/data=%213m1%214b1%214m5%213m4%211s0x88f5046268d517f1:0x65636c1792aaad33%218m2%213d33.7735924%214d-84.395263)”
[The event is free but there is a charge for parking.]