addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Electronics Club Altona Message Board › Amateur Radio VK3KMJ

Amateur Radio VK3KMJ

Mike H.
user 98392412
Group Organizer
Melbourne, AU
05:31 03/10/2013
As some of you know I have a keen interest in amateur radio. I have been considering a few
demonstrations and even actually a course teaching the Foundation Licence. This is quite
possible as I have done this in other guises before in UK as well as Australia.
I have been a fan of the ISS ( International Space Station ) for ages and spent some time listening to and trying to work some of the Amateur Radio satellites. It is not so difficult or expensive but a
great buzz - still.
I re-discovered recently some material from a week long course that I attended at RAF Cosford - some excellent clear material on advanced radio and radar.
There is an Arduino connection ! A Melbourne local Jonathan Oxer of Freetronics fame has some
involvement in creating an Ardusat board. He is also, of recent times, a radio amateur.
We will be discussing Arduinos on Saturday amongst other things.  I have been cleaning out some equipment from a nearby property and have become very interested in switch mode power supplies and the internal workings of laser printers...
Mike H.
user 85189802
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 7
NASA's Juno spacecraft will fly past Earth on October 9, 2013 to receive a gravity assist from our planet, putting it on course for Jupiter. To celebrate this event, the Juno mission is inviting amateur radio operators around the world to say "HI" to Juno in a coordinated Morse Code message. Juno's radio & plasma wave experiment, called Waves, should be able to detect the message if enough people participate. So please join in, and help spread the word to fellow amateur radio enthusiasts!

SAY “HI” TO JUNO EVENT
Mike H.
user 98392412
Group Organizer
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 20
So - getting close to launch and then deployment .
http://www.southgatea...­