Elm 0.17 Introduction Talk
Elm 0.17 (http://elm-lang.org/blog/farewell-to-frp) is out and features a simplified approach to many aspects of writing sophisticated applications.
Michael will give a short talk about what's new in 0.17 and help folks get started with Elm.
The biggest change is signals are gone, replaced with a much simpler subscription system. No more watching Michael hand wave his way through signal introductions.
You can find the talk and code at https://github.com/micktwomey/elm-0.17-dublin-elm-may-2016
What is an Elm Hackathon?
An Elm Hackathon is a place to learn and make cool stuff (with the Elm programming language of course!).
We love getting a diverse group of people, so come along if you're a beginner or an expert, or even just curious about Elm.
Come along if you're interested in:
• Learning about Elm, if you are new to Elm we can help you get set up and going.
• Starting a project in Elm, we're a new group so we can learn together about writing Elm projects.
• In particular using Elixir + Phoenix + Elm seems to be a popular combination.
• Watch Mick hack on using the Raspberry Pi Flotilla with Elm. (Websockets and hardware, oh my!).
• Helping with the Elm project, there are always way to help the Elm project, be it documentation, tutorials or code. See interesting projects for some ideas.