What we're about
Ely Friends is for anyone who’s ever spent a night in on their own wishing they were out doing something more exciting, or for those who’ve sat in the pub looking at the group of friends, wishing they could join them.
We bring together people from the local area to make friends and have fun. We’ve regular events, including pub quizzes, board game nights, pub nights, breakfasts and trips to Boogie Nights in St Ives. In between there are cinema trips, meals out, book talks and walks.
We’re welcoming and friendly, and open to all ages. Male or female, single or married. If this sounds at all tempting please sign up - it’s free.
We simply expect:
1. A recent, clear photo (so event hosts can spot and welcome you)
2. Up to date RSVP’s (waiting for no-shows ruins an event for everyone else)
3. Understanding that hosts are volunteers (trust their experience, don't argue self motivated changes)
4. You pay your own way (we don’t charge for events, but don't leave unpaid drink/food tabs)
5. You make your own way (fine to ask members for lifts, but don't expect or demand)
6. No private messaging before you've met at an event (we’re not a dating site!)
We hope to see you soon!
Optionally, once you've been to a few events (i.e. you've met an event organiser or two and have a good feel for how the group works) please do consider:
- Suggesting events on our discussion boards to determine interest (it can't clash with an existing event or financially benefit yourself - charities are fine)
- Hosting an event (mention in your suggestion you'd be happy to do this) which we can help you with
- Becoming an event organiser (once you've hosted several events)