Setting up a business is stressful. Buckworths, Manchester’s only law firm focuses solely on startups, organise regular drinks for entrepreneurs to meet each other and get some moral support. The Buckworths team are also on hand to offer advice on legal and business issues, and to make any introductions to investors, service providers and other startups.
Buckworths is a law firm based in London working exclusively with startups and high growth businesses operating in the UK.
This session gives an overview of the main legal issues and documentation that need to be understood by startups as they get up and running. Some of the topics covered will be:
• How to incorporate your business and the best structure to use;
• Relevant taxes and how to register for them;
• What are intellectual property rights and how can they be protected;
• Managing risk in a startup;
• Vesting, options and incentives for co-founders and employees;
• Data protection, GDPR and cookies;
• Things to include in your customer documentation; and
• Some thoughts on raising investment.
The session will conclude with an open Q&A session.
Presenter and founder of Buckworths, Michael Buckworth is also the author of Built on Rock, the entrepreneurs’ legal guide to start-up success. Advising on the risks and pitfalls to avoid when setting up your own business, this book makes the complicated aspects of start-up law simple. You can find out more and pre-order your paperback copy here: https://www.buckworths.com/built-on-rock-michael-buckworth.
The event is free to attend and will take place online using Zoom, the online video chat software. Attendees are advised to download the Zoom application to their computer or phone as it contains more functionality than the web-based version. Attendees will need to either log in or create an account with Zoom. This is free - a subscription is not required to attend this seminar.