What we're about
(NOTE YOU MUST HAVE AN IDENTIFIABLE FACE PROFILE PIC TO JOIN THE GROUP)
Calling All Adventurous Foodies: Let’s travel the world using our taste buds!
One of the most wonderful things about New York City is its melting pot of ethnicities and its incredible ethnic diversity identity. You can literally travel around the world in NY without even getting on a plane. Exploring different ethnic neighborhoods and sampling their delicious ethnic dishes is a must, whether you live in NYC or are just visiting. Eating in an ethnic restaurant is about more than just the food, it’s a cultural experience that gives you a literal taste of life in another land.
OUR OBJECTIVES: This group is specifically meant for those who enjoy exploring the great diversity of ethnic cuisines from all around the world in a fun, relaxed atmosphere in the company of other like-minded adventurous foodies right here in the NYC and surrounding vicinities. Together we will eat our way through a cornucopia of exotic cuisines representing all corners of the globe.
OUR MEETUPS: Good food is meant to be shared. At each Meetup, we will dine FAMILY-STYLE, NO EXCEPTIONS! Attendees will have a say in the selection of a variety of dishes. Final food bill, together with tax and tips will be shared among the attendees. Any drinks are separate and are the responsibility of the drinkers. Number of attendees to our events will be kept at a small number (no more than 12) to allow everyone to get to know each other.
MEETUP FEE: To help defray the cost of paying Meetup HQ to keep the site up and running, a $1.00 Meetup fee will be collected at randomly selected events.
IMPORTANT GROUP RULES: A successful group is not about how many members there are in the group. It is about the quality of members in the group! We would rather have a small group of "quality members" than a huge group of "joiners" and “lurkers” who never show up to any event.
With that said:
(1) To join the group, you must have a recognizable face picture; and
(2) If you are a serial lurker who never participate in any event, don’t bother to join.
General rsvp policy:
• Yes rsvps ONLY if you are certain you can attend an event. There is no need to rsvp NO if not attending or if event does not interest you.
• We will enforce a strict ANTI-FLAKE POLICY - Just one (1) no-show or last minute (less than 24 hours) cancel will get you booted out of the group.
• If you are an RSVP-aholic, that is, you rsvp to every single event and then bail out last minute, you don't belong