Technologies like Ethereum enable an entire new class of applications to be developed: DApps. Those are fully decentralized applications that use Ethereum and other technologies to completely remove the need for a central trusted 3rd party.
In this workshop we will focus on building the non-contract parts of a DApp. During this workshop you will choose an existing contract (for example the one built in the "From Idea to Contract" workshop) and build a simple frontend for it, which interacts with the blockchain and can be deployed onto IPFS (or SWARM if ready).
• Intro to the Web 3.0 Stack
• Interfacing with the blockchain using web3.js
• IPFS / Swarm
Expected prior knowledge:
• At least basic familiarity with solidity (at the level of our first workshop). This is so you can read the contract you work with, there will be no contract development in this workshop.
• You should already know how to build regular web apps (HTML/JS) or at the very least be familiar with JS
• Having some experience with JS modules and bundlers like webpack is also recommended. A suitable boilerplate, that sets everything up, will be provided.
What you should have installed:
• geth (no syncing required)
• ipfs (see https://ipfs.io/docs/install/)
• working installation of node.js (recommended)
If you have problems with setting up geth, you can come 15 minutes earlier and we can help you out.