What we're about
We welcome feminists of all ages, genders, ethnic identities, orientations, abilities, locations, etc. Feminism is good for everybody, as Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, bell hooks, and many other discerning women and men throughout history have said.
We post local events of interest to feminists: speakers, discussions, demonstrations, readings, etc. Usually at least one of our organizers will be there to welcome group members who attend.
Eugene/Springfield Feminists on Facebook:
Looking for more feminism in the Eugene/Springfield area?
Sister Meetup groups:
* Bibliofemmes Book Club: https://www.meetup.com/Bibliofemmes-Book-Club * Eugene Women's Film Club: https://www.meetup.com/Womens-Film-Club
* Fem Dems Prime Time: https://www.meetup.com/Fem-Dems-Prime-Time
Community groups: * Professional Women's Network of Oregon: http://www.pwno.org/programs.html
* League of Women Voters: https://lwvlc.org
* South Willamette Valley chapter, National Organization for Women (NOW): https://www.facebook.com/pg/swvNOW/events
* Rise! Dance! Resist! (dance group that performs at social justice events & welcomes new members): https://www.facebook.com/groups/433420847049839 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Groups for teen girls (w/some events for parents too): * Ophelia's Place: http://opheliasplace.net/events-calendar/classesevents
* Girls' Voices Matter (teaches filmmaking): https://digitalstorytellingpnw.com
UO departments and programs:
* Center for the Study of Women and Society: https://csws.uoregon.edu
* Wayne Morse Center, Margaret Hallock Program for Women's Rights: https://waynemorsecenter.uoregon.edu/margar...
* Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies department: https://wgs.uoregon.edu/category/events
* Women's Center (for UO students): https://blogs.uoregon.edu/women
Upcoming events (4)
Past events (417)
This content is available only to members