ExpertTalks invites the software community to share ideas and inspiration, discuss issues, and learn from the successes and failures experienced on real case studies. We cover a variety of themes – from pure technology (programming languages, design, architecture) to product design (Lean, UX, UI), software methodologies (XP, Scrum, etc...) and more. As long as it's related to tech, we want to share it!
We are delighted to be supporting SwanseaCon (http://swanseacon.co.uk/) again this year – and will be hosting a post-conference ExpertTalks special. The evening will feature a range of lightning talks from both Equal Experts associates and many others too!
1. How long is a piece of string? | Seb Rose
Estimates or NoEstimates? We review the contentious discussion with reference to actual pieces of string.
2. Roller Coasters or Bullet Trains | Victoria Morgan-Smith
Do you miss the emotional rollercoaster of the good old days of big bang releases, or do you get your kicks from the Bullet Train of Continuous Delivery?
3. Metaphormers | Thomas Guest
This talk considers some metaphors for software development
4. How Technical Decisions, Performance and Architecture Impacts the Business Bottom Line | Lee Woodman
The decisions developers make as part of a products development often goes unchecked. We specialise in helping businesses to see this impact and help developers make the right technical decisions in systems architecture on the web.
5. Stoicism and DevOps | Ali Farooqui
6. Is Digital Transformation the new Alchemy? | Andy Kemp
Food & drinks will be provided. We look forward to seeing you there!