Join us for the first meetup of the year, with a delve in the world of Agile.
Top 7 Agile Tips I Learnt as an Agile Product Manager
Benjamin Mitchell, Partner, Equal Experts
Description: Agile is great, but what are the essential tips to ensure that you deliver value for customers and clients? Drawing on well over a decade of experience of using agile techniques to lead teams delivering websites for clients such as BBC Worldwide and HMRC Digital, Benjamin will cover:
• Starting with purpose (and how to clarify it if it’s not as clear as you’d like)
• It’s the people … why negotiating skills are essential
• Being good to work with
• How to make progress with imperfect tools
• Why showing others is better than simply telling
• How professional pride and identity can interfere with acting effectively
• How to challenge assumptions without being aggressive or insulting
Real World Agile: Tricks, Traps and Tales from the Trenches
Phil Parker, Partner, Equal Experts
Description: An uber-experience report that contains a combination of giggles, facepalms, and hopefully a few 'aha' moments. Whether you are an agile newbie or a full-time, experienced agile coach there is something here for you!
Pizza and drinks will be provided as usual.