Join Explorer Chick for an Exclusive and Private Women-Only Texas Animal Sanctuary Experience!! 🦁
Not only do you get to spend time around these animals, but you also get to help make their life a little better!
The Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch is a world-renowned, non-profit animal sanctuary with over 1,400 acres. Founded by author and animal advocate Cleveland Amory in 1979, it is now home to more than 800 domestic and exotic animals! 🐒
Most of the animals have been rescued from near-death situations such as slaughterhouses, biomedical research laboratories, and trophy hunting ranches. Others have been rescued from roadside zoos or were former victims of the exotic pet trade. 🐻 Others came from public lands where they were threatened with extermination by the federal government.
Your day will kick off learning about the Ranch and include an Instructional Safety Briefing.
Then we will split into groups where you will be assigned to multiple areas of the Sanctuary! 👩🌾 You might find yourself preparing monkey diets, mucking equine stalls, general maintenance of the facility, or feeding the farmed animals. It all depends on what needs to be done the day of your Mini. Hey, we’re here to help!
Halfway through our day, we’ll meet up for a yummy, Plant-Based, catered lunch. In the afternoon, we’ll mix up the groups giving everyone a different experience!
After helping around the sanctuary, we’ll spend some time off our feet enjoying a Private Guided 1-Hour Bus/Truck Tour throughout the grounds! Don’t worry. The natural habitat and the animals will not be disturbed!
• Make a difference at a non-profit Animal Sanctuary – One of the largest in the country and home to more than 800 domestic and exotic animals.
• Spend the day helping around the sanctuary providing assistance throughout the facility where needed – Possible duties include aiding the Equine Team, working with the Primates, providing general observation for the wildlife team, and general maintenance and upkeep of the facilities.
• After a full morning of activities, we will have a Delicious Plant-Based Catered Lunch provided and dining together in the Doris Day Equine Center.
• We will then switch up groups giving everyone a new experience and tasks in the afternoon.
• Finally, get off your feet for a 1 hour guided bus/truck tour covering the 1,400 acres without disturbing the animals natural habitat.
• Exclusive and Private Explorer Chick, small group, women only tour. Embark on your adventure with an encouraging and supportive group of Bold women!
You must book through the website to join us on this adventure. Full details are there as well.
Join the Facebook Event to meet Explorer Chicks from other cities!
Don't forget to follow Explorer Chick on Facebook too!
We’re on Instagram as well!