addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Far Northside Co-Ed Book Club Message Board › Far Northside Book Club- March, April and May Selections (and a few other it

Far Northside Book Club- March, April and May Selections (and a few other items of note...)

Tracey C
tlcapone
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Hello all!

The book selection poll is now closed and we have our March, April and May selections. Thank you to all those who participated by nominating and/or voting. For those who nominated selections that did not get selected, please feel free to re-nominate them with the next poll in a couple of months.

I've updated the calendar with the three chosen books. They are:

• March- "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks"- Rebecca Skloot
  • April- "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan"- Lisa See
  • May- "The Corrections"- Jonathan Franzen

Just wanted to bring up a few other things:

Tuesday's "Tuesday Funk" event and our lovely weather:

For those who RSVP'd yes to Tuesday's "Tuesday Funk" event, as of right now, it's still on. That said, there is a blizzard watch until Wednesday night with snow starting fast and furious Tuesday afternoon. As long as the show is still on, I plan on being there but I'll keep an eye on both the weather and the venue to see if anything changes. If it does, I'll email you.

If it's still on, to those who have never been to a meetup and therefore don't know what any of us look like, I'll wait outside of "Hopleaf" until 6:50, off to the right off the bar. Look for brown, chin length hair and red plaid boots :) If I'm frozen when you get there, just chip away the ice and we'll go in and enjoy the show.

The Always Populated Waiting List:

We have folks on the waiting list for each month through May. Inevitably, we seem to have enough people drop off, or not attend, that there ends up being room for most, if not all, on the waiting list to join. If you're able to get the book and don't mind reading it as a "just in case" (we have a lot of great selections out there) you'll end up being prepared if you get "called up" at the last minute. Again, to those who are already "Yes's" PLEASE change your RSVP as soon as you know your plans have changed if you're not able to attend.

Book Share:

We have a lot of popular books selected for the next several months. I know several people get their books from the library however others have been purchasing them. If you own the book, have finished reading it and would like to share it with another member who still needs it, please feel free to post a message on the meetup site or contact me and I can send a message out to those signed up for that month.

As always, please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Tracey