addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Far Northside Co-Ed Book Club Message Board › What Are Some of Your Favorite Books? (Part Two)

What Are Some of Your Favorite Books? (Part Two)

Tracey C
tlcapone
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 13
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is safe and sound indoors during this lovely blizzard. I don't know about you, but this weather makes me want to curl up with some tea in front of the fireplace and read. I have about seven books in the queue for the next few days of hibernation.

When the book club first started, I had posted a discussion for folks to list the books they're currently reading, have read recently and/or some of their favorites. We had some great responses (and I know I checked out a few of the selections based on the recommendations) so, as we have a lot of new members since that original post, I wanted to throw a new one out there so folks could continue adding.

Attached is a link to the original thread, in case you want to check out some of the excellent recommendations by our longtime members. Please feel free to add to the list!

http://www.meetup.com...­

What are you reading? What are you looking forward to reading? What are some of your all time favorites? Who are some of your favorite authors?

Thanks all!
Tracey
Tracey C
tlcapone
Group Organizer
Chicago, IL
Post #: 14
I'll kick it off with some additions to my original post:

Currently reading- "The Financial Lives of the Poets" by Jess Walter (not a favorite but I'm halfway through so don't want to stop now)

Recently read:
"Clients From Hell: A Collection of Anonymously Contributed Client Horror Stories From Designers" Anonymous (if you are a graphic designer, photographer, anything creative, or even technical, where you have to deal with clients who "want this, want that, etc" this is the book for you )
"The Hidden Reality: Parallel Universes and the Deep Laws of the Cosmos" Brian Greene
"Corrections" Jonathan Franzen
"Freedom" Jonathan Franzen
Re-read "Emma" Jane Austen
Re-read "The Picture of Dorian Gray" Oscar Wilde
"How to Talk to a Widower" Jonathan Tropper
"Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk" David Sedaris
"Plan B" Jonathan Tropper
Re-read "100 Years of Solitude" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Re-read "Love in the Time of Cholera" by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Re-read "Water for Elephants: A Novel" by Sara Gruen
"The Glass Castle" Jeannette Walls

Favorite authors include: Jonathan Franzen, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, David Sedaris, Jonathan Tropper, Oscar Wilde, Cormac McCarthy, Harper Lee, among a million others.