Feisty Side of Sixty is a place where single women 60+ come together to savor the treats our city has to offer, discuss anything and everything, celebrate our commonalities, learn from our differences and, most of all, have FUN!!!! We can challenge the invisibility that seems to come with getting older and defy the outdated stereotypes of older women. We can connect with others having similar experiences and realize we are not alone in our desire to make new friends and find our "new normal". Hope you'll join us!
* Annual membership fee is $5 and everyone has 60 days from joining to make their decision as to whether or not they'd like to continue with us. Payment has been set up through Meetup so they keep track of it! If you choose not to pay, Meetup will remove you from the group at the end of the 60 days.
* To be a member you MUST be 60+. A CLEAR, current facial photo of you is required to be posted on your profile for this Meetup group. It's a requirement before there will be group membership approval. Use your real first name, and last name initial. If you cannot, or choose not, to respect this, we will remove you.
* If you've been removed from another Meetup group for cause, or have been the subject of multiple complaints from other members you're unlikely to fit in here.
* PLEASE don't re-apply for a trial membership if you've already had a trial membership.
*If event RSVP's drop by 50% or more, it's the organizer's prerogative to cancel the event. For example, if 8 have RSVP'd initially and 4 or more people cancel, it is the organizer's choice as to whether or not the event will be held. We love what we do but we have lives, too!
RESPONSIBILITIES AS MEMBERS INCLUDE:
* Being respectful of other attendees and their feelings
* Leaving any personal drama at home
Managing your RSVP's: MOST of our events will be limited to between 6 and 8 attendees, and they fill up quickly! PLEASE be sure to remove yourself from the RSVP list if you find that you can't attend. And PLEASE do it before the last minute (if at all possible) so others have a chance to come instead. Repeated violations of this will result in your being removed from the group. If you have 2 NO SHOWS you will be removed from the group. Please be considerate of the event host.
* Reminder that Meetup leaders are unpaid volunteers and claim no special expertise or knowledge. We will gather as a group but ultimately you are responsible for your own experience, safety and decision making.