Find your funny NYC is a supportive, open community for aspiring comedians. Whether it's through our free monthly workshops or group open mics, our mission is to create an environment where individuals of all experience levels can openly explore their inner funny.
Our Members Include:
• Comedy newbies: Individuals who have thought about trying stand up but haven't yet taken the leap
• Comedy rookies: Aspiring comedians who are still in the early stages (>1year) of development
• Comedy veterans: Experienced comedians who have been actively pursuing stand up for 2+ years
• Joke writing sessions: Learn the art of writing solid stand up material or get feedback on your bits
• Free workshops: Discover strategies for improving stage presence, joke delivery, character development, and more
• Group open mics: Explore the local comedy scene with other aspiring comedians
About me / why I started this group:
I'm a web developer by day and a comedy Junkie by night. I've spent most of my life struggling with depression and trying nearly every treatment path under the sun ranging from therapy, diet changes, routine exercise, prescriptions etc.. All to no avail. It wasn't until this past year, when I developed an interest in stand up comedy, that I finally started to embrace my cynicism and accept my depression for what it is, leading me to discover a new side of myself - my inner funny. I started doing open mics (despite my horrific stage freight) and was thrilled to find that I could make others laugh just by being myself; by opening up about the insecurities that have drug me down for years. Now, with this group, I hope to help others find the same sense of freedom and self worth that I've found by creating a fun, safe environment reserved for comedic exploration.