What we're about
2021-2022 -This is a group for WOMEN ONLY!! We also have a cap of 525 members! WE ALSO REQUIRE A REAL, RECOGNIZABLE PHOTO OF YOU. Please note that if your photo is of a dog, a bicycle, a plant, extremely far away, blurry or anything else besides YOU, your request will be denied. Please make sure your photo is uploaded on a computer, not on a cell phone under the Meetup App. Per Meetup, the phone does not work for your photo. We are still very new, only 3 years old! Are you looking for female friends in your age group (50 + only) with whom you can check out a movie, cook, go to an art opening, or just grab some coffee or wine and talk? Then this new meetup is for you! You might find someone who'll be your very best friend, discover someone to hang with, or connect with a work-out buddy. Click on our calendar to start. This is the Austin chapter of FFF>F, brainchild of Dale Pollekoff and subject of "The New York Times" article published on Dec. 31, 2018: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/style/self-care/finding-female-friends-over-50-meetup.html
*ATTENDANCE is required of at least 1 event every 6 months after the pandemic is under control and members have the opportunity to get vaccinated. We want each and every member to feel at ease at any event. We encourage you to look at the events we post and find what is right for you. Please be considerate of other members so that we all can enjoy this group and get the most out of it. Be considerate of those on WAIT LISTS!!. Those patient ladies only get to go to that event when someone cannot go and changes their response from "going" to "not going". Please do not "no show" for an event. If you do not show up at an event that you have committed to, you will be flagged as a "no show". After 3 No shows you will be removed from the group.
1. Don't RSVP just to hold a space for yourself (in case nothing better comes up). You can be placed on a wait list for an event if you have a consistent pattern of RSVPing and removing your RSVP with minimal attendance at any of the events.
2. It is our group policy to remove members who show a pattern of no-shows (3 or more). We do understand that life happens, and there will be rare times when you can't notify the host.
3. We don't want to remove anyone; we just want members to know the rules. Put yourself in the shoes of someone on the wait list hoping to attend if someone can’t go.
4. Watch the wait list daily. People change their minds at the last minute. Remove your name from the wait list if you make other plans. This may allow someone behind you on the wait list to actually attend.
5. All of our Co-Organizers and Event Organizers are volunteers. They volunteer their time to provide the events for you, our members. They need your help to keep the events flowing smoothly!
6. Please do not just show up at an event if you are not on the "going" list to attend, especially if there is a wait list.
We hope you are able to find that "new best friend" you have been looking for. With all the events, it is highly likely that you will. We also hope you tell your friends about us and that they also want to join so they can have as much fun as you. Every woman has a lot to offer, so we hope you will spread the love and be courteous to all you meet. In this age group, some of us are working full time, part time, retired, taking care of children, grandchildren, aging parents and multitudes of aging conditions, diseases and mobility problems. However, in this group, we are all gracious, smiling ladies looking for the same thing:
We hope you are Finding Female Friends past Fifty® !!
Upcoming events (4+)
Past events (1,201)
This content is available only to members