Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.
This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.
Typical startup event topics include: • Coming up with a strong startup idea • Startup legal basics • How to pitch your startup • Starting a company without quitting your day job • How to raise funding for your startup • And much more!
Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it? Then join us for this fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event!
>> Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
- Janne Saarikko (CMO Mentor / Creator of Firsts / Ecosystem Evangelist, www.jannesaarikko.com)
- Lauri Kokkila (Investment Manager, Inventure)
- Amel Gaily (CEO, FiBAN)
- Saga Forss (Board Member, Co-owner, Soppakeittiö (Soup&More Oy))
>> What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
- and more...
>> >> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/197101/meetup
For information about the investors, incubators, and tech events available, see our list of Startup Resources (https://fi.co/startup_resources). Interested in perfecting your pitch? Read our Pitch Deck Guide (https://fi.co/pitch_deck) and download templates.
This event is sponsored by the Founder Institute startup accelerator. Founder Institute provides a step-by-step program that gives startup founders the structure, mentor support, and network of entrepreneurs they need to start an enduring company. Based in Silicon Valley and with chapters across 60 countries, the Founder Institute's mission is to "Globalize Silicon Valley" and build sustainable startup ecosystems worldwide.
If you have any feedback on this event, please let us know at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/fi-events
Also, remember to sign up for our Founder Insight mailing list to receive exclusive startup training videos and articles every Monday and Thursday: http://fi.co/subscribe