HAVE YOU EVER WISHED FOR A WORDPRESS EXPERT TO TAKE YOU BY THE HAND AND SHOW YOU EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW TO CREATE A COMPELLING WEBSITE WITH SEO AND MARKETING?
No matter what problem is tripping you up — themes, plugins, widgets, customization or site installation — our WordPress from Start to Finish class will help you SPRINT over the learning curve to GET RESULTS.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND OUR MEETUPS
First off don't worry if this meetup is many miles from you because 99% of our Meetups are Webinar based. You can attend our meetup from the comfort of your home while in your pajamas!
Most of the workshops and training are recorded too so you can come back and watch them later over and over again until you get all the training you need.
From time to time we do meet up in person in the Dallas and Canton Texas areas so watch for those too.
- Business Owners or employees responsible for their company’s website.
- Graphic Designers looking to expand their service offerings by providing WordPress sites for clients.
- Web Professionals looking to save time by learning from WordPress super users and trainers.
- Busy Entrepreneurs who have started a new business and don't have the capital to pay someone to maintain their website- Beginner
WordPress Users who have installed WordPress but don’t know what to do next
INSTALLING AND SETTING UP WORDPRESS
We hit the ground running with a detailed overview of what WordPress is all about:
- Understanding what you want your website to do for you
- Domains and hosting accounts for Self Hosted WordPress installations.
- Install WordPress using a one-click hosting install
- Manage your dashboard for the best results
- Understand your setting pages
- Work with user accounts
CREATING POSTS, PAGES AND INSERTING MEDIA
We learn how to create different content types and use the full capabilities of WordPress.
- The differences between posts and pages
- How to use categories and tags
- How to use the edit screen for post and pages
- How to create links
- How to insert photos
- How to embed video
- How to insert audio
LINKS, WIDGETS AND PLUGINS
We go one more step here with advanced content creation, including:
- Installing and setting up plugins
- Installing and setting up widgets
- The recommended, must-have plugins (and how to install them)
- Stopping Spam
- Contact Forms
MENUS, THEMES, AND MAINTENANCE
Styling a site correctly is the difference between an amateur-looking website and one that looks professional. Choosing the right theme is half the work, and in this session, we bring it down to earth for you by demonstrating some popular theme frameworks.
Note: We will not be exploring theme customizations that requires coding and this is for beginners.
- Managing and customizing menus
- Installing and working with themes
- Some of the most popular themes and their features
- Updating WordPress and plugin versions
- Creating backups of your website database and contents
Each meetup is 1-2 hours and most ar Webinar based so you can attend most of our meetups right from your home with plenty of time for questions.
Meetups that are on the location are a little longer and will have WIFI and or LAN connections for your laptops and tablets.
To make sure you get the most out of the class, attendance is limited when on location but there is plenty of room in the Webinars.
WHAT YOU NEED TO ATTEND OUR MEETUPS
- PC or MAC with internet
- Pen and Pad for notes if you like
The class requires basic competency with computers and web browsers. Also, this class teaches WordPress on a self-hosted server. This does not mean a WordPress.com or WordPress.org site.
WHO IS THE MAIN INSTRUCTOR?
Speaker | teacher | innovator | entrepreneur | pizza lover | loves to laugh | enjoys helping. When I talk about how to learn WordPress my eyes light up, my voice is strong and I can't stop talking.
Special Access to Business In The Black Online Tools, Deals and Discounts
Viral Video Creation System Account
Reseller Prices for Services
More as we add them in the future
I hope this is a fair option to all the members that support my efforts and even to those that don't. If you have any trouble becoming a paid member or need a different way to pay just give me a call anytime or shoot me an email.
Darnell Smith - 214-815-9308 (Text Ok) - firstname.lastname@example.org