If you wish to attend please RSVP as a limited amount of seats are available
Calling all developers!
Join us at the University of Ottawa (CBY Building) for an all things Pebble hackathon! Developers of all ages and skill levels are welcome to join! Pebble apps are written in C however they also have a JS API available.
• RSVP HERE
• Bring your own laptop. Unfortunately we will not be able to offer computers to use. There will be access to wifi.
• Show up & have fun!
Coding can be done individually or in teams of 2-3 max.
Location & Getting There:
The address of the CBY building is 161 Louis-Pasteur Private.
The easiest method of transportation to campus is via bus. All of the main line buses come right through campus station. Here is a campus map: uOttawa Map (http://www.uottawa.ca/maps/CampusMap.pdf)
Alternatively if you are driving to the University, here is a map with designated parking areas: Campus Parking (http://www.uottawa.ca/parking/parking-services/parking-maps) (Please note that these are paid parking areas)
Saturday, April 2nd:
10:00 AM - Event Begins
11:00 AM - A simple tutorial to kick start your Pebble development
1:00 PM - Lunch Break (Food & Drinks will be provided, Subway)
5:00 PM - End of Day 1
Sunday, April 3rd:
10:00 AM - Day 2 Begins
1:00 PM - Lunch Break (Food & Drinks will be provided, Gabriel's Pizza)
3:30 - App submissions
3:45 PM - Judging Begins
4:30 PM - Award Presentation
5:00 PM - End of Event
Judging & Prizes:
Judges will be looking for apps that:
• Technically Impressive -- you don't have to do all of these! (30%)
• Make use of the Health APIs (https://developer.pebble.com/guides/events-and-services/health/)
• Are compatible with the entire Pebble Family (aplite, basalt, round)
• Make use of the Timeline API (https://developer.pebble.com/guides/pebble-timeline/)
• Have a Clay Configuration Page (https://github.com/pebble/clay)
• Are unique and creative (35%)
• Are useful/make life easier (35%)
Prizes include: Pebble Time Rounds, Pebble Times and Pebble Steels
But don't worry if you don't win there will still be lots of swag!
• Miguel Garzon (Professor at the University of Ottawa)
• Hussein Al Osman (Professor at the University of Ottawa)
• Jonathan Laroque (Pebble Ottawa Rockstar)
• Matt Langlois (Pebble Ottawa Rockstar)
Be sure to check out the awesome guides written by Pebble! The Getting Started (http://developer.getpebble.com/getting-started/) section will help you write your first pebble app. Feel like jumping right into the deep end? Then be sure to check out some of their more advanced guides (http://developer.getpebble.com/guides/)! Don't like reading lots and just want to jump into the code? The examples (http://developer.getpebble.com/examples/) section is the place for you!
Didn't win but still want a Pebble?
We will be selling refurbished Pebble classics for $60! Cash only please.
Check out some apps made by devs in the Ottawa Area!
• Meetup (https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/5539d8fdbf1a59d7ac000053) by Matt Langlois
• Appstore (http://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/560a2326a59182b401000011?hardware=chalk&query=appstore§ion=watchapps) by Matt Langlois
• Music Boss (https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/52c6c88dccc92142e6000050) by Jonathan LaRocque
• Music Time (https://apps.getpebble.com/en_US/application/5565dca0f1a1c772ce00007d) by Jonathan LaRocque
• Devboard (https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/556bbaf730850a5fab000089) by Matt Langlois
• Travvik (https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/52b26ea9b70e1c131c0000cf)by Jaime
• uOttawa Card Manager (https://apps.getpebble.com/applications/5468365c32e2d70d26000095) by Matt Langlois
*Are you a Pebble dev from Ottawa? Send me your app and I'll post it here too!
Thanks to Juan Sanchez from Tack Mobile (http://tackmobile.com/)for designing this awesome poster!
All of this wouldn't have been made possible without the support of Pebble and uOttawa's Software Engineering Student Association!