Have you ever seen $3 or $4 Million (or more) of autos parked in a row? It's not uncommon to see a dozen Porcshes and a half dozen Ferraris parked in a row. Throw in a few Shelby AC Cobras and many other examples of Detroit Iron from the '60's and '70's and you have a real car show with over 200 vehicles.
Cars & Coffee happens the third Saturday of every month, if it's not raining. Join FCCP for this monthly event and get some great shots of Ferraris, Lotus', Lamborganis, Bentleys and probably even a Porsche or two.
Do you want to learn to pan like the pro's?
Join Jeff and Lew and learn to pan so that your images have that great feeling and look of speed. Panning involves special settings on your camera and a technique of following the car while you're taking photos. Once you've learned the technique you can apply it to many types of photos including baseball, horse racing and much more.
Why practice here? You'll have a chance to perfect your technique and learn the settings while over 200 cars leave the parking lot. This type of opportunity exists almost nowhere else.
Introducing the duPont REGISTRY Cars and Coffee photo contest:
• Deadline, duration, and frequency: Have your submissions in by the Monday following Cars & Coffee at 5 PM. To submit your entries, please email [masked] with the subject “Cars & Coffee Gallery Submission” and a link to your Cars & Coffee gallery. It can be on a website, Facebook, or embedded via email.
• Contest Guidelines: All submitted photographs must be taken at Cars & Coffee duPont REGISTRY during the current month. Submissions must be your own work, or approved for submission by the photographer with their name. Editing to enhance pictures is allowed, and encouraged in some cases.
• Rights: All pictures are the intellectual rights of the photographer. By submitting you allow duPont REGISTRY to share the photographs through mediums such as Facebook, Twitter, and Email. We encourage you to watermark your images with your name. The winner must also be able to submit a high resolution file of the photograph to be used for printing within one week of the contest end.
• Prize: The winning photographer will be able to claim their prize at the next months event. The winner will receive a complimentary subscription, as well as a signed copy of your picture.
• Judging: A gallery will be created with our favorite pictures (maximum 200, evenly spread between all contestants) from Cars & Coffee on duPont REGISTRY’s blog (www.Autofluence.com) Monday following Cars & Coffee at 5 PM EST. The 10 pictures with the most “Likes” over the course of 24 hours from our fans will be the top 10. Each photographer can have a maximum of three pictures in the top 10. One winner will be voted on by duPont REGISTRY staff from the top 10.
• Eligibility: There are no eligibility restrictions. This is an open contest available to the public.
You can read more about the photo contest on their Facebook Page. (https://www.facebook.com/CarsAndCoffee) FCCP will be doing this every month, but be sure to check the C&C site to make sure the event is not cancelled due to rain.
My Recommended Retailers
Where you buy your gear matters. You expect to get what you ordered and you want to pay a low price for it. The retailers I recommend below are the ones I trust for my own purchases.
B & H Photo and Video (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Great-Deals/ci/16478/N/4280521071?BI=4308&KW=&KBID=4736)
Bringing you the activities and this site is now a full time job (typically 60-80 hours per week). Thus, I depend on membership fees and on the commissions received from you using the links on this site to make any purchase. My family and I are grateful for your support! — Jeff