Official website: https://flutterhackathon.com
Join us for the first Flutter International Hackathon! This is a worldwide event organized by multiple Flutter groups around the globe (United States, Germany, Mexico, India...) with the sole purpose of having a good time together, building Flutter applications... and celebrating with all the Flutter folks around the world, how incredible this community is.
This event will be sponsored by many companies around the world (BMW, Google...) and there will be prizes for both international and local winners.
- Do I need to stay here the whole time? No, you can just attend for half a day, or for as much as you can…
- Do I need to know how to code? No, not at all. All skills are welcomed here! We need product people, designers, students… any idea and skill is valuable!
- Can my kids participate? Yes! If they have ideas, or they know how to sketch, or present… they can participate! Again, this is an event for everyone!
If you have small children, my fiancée Kelsey Dadey (a 3rd grade
teacher at Ogden International) can help us as well running activities
for kids, so you can enjoy the hackathon knowing that your kids will
be having fun as well. If this is the case, please let me know in
advance, so I can coordinate with her.
- Do I need to know Flutter? If you are interested in coding, but never tried Flutter before, we are hosting a workshop event on May 22nd here at BMW as well. More details at the bottom of this email.
- What about prizes and awards? Of course there will be prizes! We have been working really hard to make sure this event is a success. There will be multiple prizes just for participating, for local winners, and also for international winners. Believe me, you won’t regret coming!
- Is food provided? Yes, breakfast, lunch and dinner. You are coming here to have fun hacking, we take care of the rest 😉
PS. There is an RSVP fee of $10 that is considered a deposit. This will help me to get an accurate idea of who is coming. At the end of the hackathon, you can decide to get your deposit back, or donate it to and organization that is TBD at this moment (will be announced before the day of the event)
9am-10am: kick-off, topic presentation and team forming
10am-4pm: planning and coding
4pm-5pm: finish project, upload code and videos, voting
5pm-6pm: presentations and closing remarks
For international winners:
- Flutter swag courtesy of Google
- Custom trophy for the top three projects
- Mention on the flutter hackathon site
For local participants (everyone gets...):
- Custom BMW and Flutter t-shirts
- BMW and Flutter beer mugs
- Starbucks gift card
- Many more surprises... 😉
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided.
HAPPY CODING everyone! 👩💻👨💻