addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

L.A. Foodies Message Board Newsletter Archives › LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 9-13

LA Foodies and Asian Foodies Newsletter 9-13

Darrell
Durrrell
Group Organizer
Springfield, VT

Hello Foodies!

SuNny posted several DineLA events and they are small events and fill quickly. We may see more DineLA events and if you see one, act fast, they fill quickly. I highly recommend you pick up the Madame Tussands Groupon and I've posted an event there for 10-17 and after the museum, we'll go check out Lucky Devils, a burger joint I've been trying to check out their highly rated burgers for years.

Frugal Foodies - Many of us have lots of discount vouchers and need someone to share a meal with. Let's create a "clearing house" by members posting restaurants they have vouchers for that they would like to sell, buy or share. CLICK HERE

­
Egg dish at Bouchon (Mariah Tauger / Los Angeles Times)

­Interesting LA Times Read - "BOUCHON. Can't get a reservation at Bouchon for weeks? Don't get huffy: Go to weekend brunch when you'll have the cool, spacious dining room practically to yourself. At least that was my experience a few weekends ago. Your order will have the chef's full attention. If you're feeling flush, start with a glass of vintage Champagne, then an order of brandade croquettes. One standout on the brunch menu is oeuf poché royale, a soft-poached egg on a cushion of house-baked English muffin, along with sliced smoked salmon, crispy fried capers and the silkiest of hollandaise sauces. Pain perdu (or "lost bread," what we call French toast) arrives in thick, tender slices perfumed with vanilla and garnished with finely diced Fuji apple compote and a dreamy applesauce. My favorite, though, is a special, dubbed "eggs and bacon" — two pristine poached eggs in a copper chafing dish with a glorious slab of braised pork belly that cuts like butter as the "bacon" in the equation. If, by chance, you're still peckish, there's always dessert, namely "bouchons," those deep dark chocolate cakes shaped like fat wine corks." - So here's a way to affordably try out Bouchon... do brunch!

DineLA - Wow! SuNny's rockin' it out with some awesome restaurants! Nobu, Valentino's, Water Grill... WTG SuNny! Here's the entire list of DineLA restaurants. Dates are 10/3-8 & 10/10-15

Our Event Organizers - Are Awesome! Our groups have a lot of new events upcoming! Check out our LA Foodies Calendar HERE­ and our Asian Foodies Calendar HERE­

Chocolate Salon - The annual event is 10/10 in Pasadena. Sandy is hosting this as an event. We will also be having a info table there... I have been contacted by enough volunteers, thanks all.

My favorite deals of the day is - ­Groupon Madame Tussands Wax Museum! We were here back in April and I am surprised to say, it was so much fun! I've wanted to go back again. Get your Groupon today and I've scheduled an event there for 10/17. ­Click Here.

Daily Deals - While there may not be a deal on every site every day, I recommend you check them all just in case. Even I don't always check them everyday.

Dealpop.com­ - yoga lessons, S.M.
Groupon.com­ Madame Tussand's
BloomSpot.com­ - Phillipe Chow
Tippr.com­ - Photoshoot
SocialBuy.com­ - Facial
AtCost.com­
LivingSocial.com Pinz Bowling
BlackBoardEats.com­ - Larchmont Larder
Restaurant.com­ - 9/8/10 - 80% OFF is BACK! Promo Discount Code = TOUCHDOWN
Greatworkperks.com­ - $8 off LA County Fair Tix
Goldstar­

http://www.LAfoodies.org­