• GREETINGS / ANNOUNCEMENTS / INTRODUCTIONS
• IN-DEPTH SESSION– Building Lego-style Blocks: A Practitioner’s Guide to Building Reusable Components
–Andrew Olson, lead front-end developer
Fresh from the Iowa cornfields of DrupalCorn 2018 !
"If you've built Drupal sites, you have undoubtedly noticed that all websites share some common components. Most sites have hero banners, quotes, 2-ups, 3-ups, among other repeatable patterns. Building these components over & over loses its luster &, more importantly, distracts you from building the really unique & interesting components of the site. Instead of reinventing the wheel with every Drupal site you build, wouldn’t it be great if you could build these components once and leverage them across multiple sites?"
Learning Objectives & Outcomes
Attendees will learn how to:
• Build components that can be used across Drupal sites
• Configure the components to be installed and updated using Composer
• Structure components to be usable as Blocks or Paragraphs
• Add visual flexibility to the components to fit any site design
About our speaker:
Andy has deep industry experience developing, deploying, & supporting media-rich, content-driven websites & web applications. He has a background building interfaces, relational databases, web applications, & mobile sites that are created with the user experience in mind. Andy has designed & developed dozens of sites for companies specializing in sporting goods, health& wellness, restaurant food service, financial & market trading, Internet radio, & more.
He is well versed in numerous computer languages, operating systems, web servers, & software. He is also a talented front end developer, graphic designer, team leader, photographer, musician, & speaker. Andy is Acquia Certified for Front End Development for Drupal 7 & Drupal 8 & has a BS in Electrical & Computer Engineering from the University of IA.
• LIGHTNING TALKS – various members
Bring your questions or POST your curiosities here:
PRIOR to the Meetup so we can come ready to address specific issues attendees may have.
We meet at Old Towne Pub & Eatery otpgeneva.com
It's a SHORT cab ride or walk from the Geneva Train Station.
If you’re driving, there’s plenty of parking nearby just for you.
• 6 pm social hr
• 7 pm presentations start
Can't stay the entire time? Come when you're able & leave when you must.
Join us for social hour & be nice to our venue (buy yourself dinner &/or a drink).
• UPCOMING CAMPS & COMMUNITY OPPORTUNITIES
*MidCamp Chicago Mar 20-23
*DrupalCon Seattle Apr 8-12
*DrupalCamp Asheville Jul 12-14
**2020 *DrupalCon Minneapolis 18-22 May
The MidCamp 2019 organizers want to know what YOU want to know. docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdWq7AZ4EwAXCYIl26Ywg0r4DlraL6A8ZayTQJl1VsA40XurQ/viewform?usp=sf_link
Contact the organizers/event hosts.
• PROGRAM IDEAS: Let the organizers know if there's a specific topic you want discussed &/or you want to give a presentation – short or long. Let us know: TOPIC,MONTH you want to present & DURATION you need for your presentation. meetup.com/Fox-Valley-Drupal/members/[masked]
Presentations subject to change. All are welcome.
And, as ever, there’s no cost to attend.
Check out our sister grp too – Fox Valley Computing Professionals. It’s the 2nd Wednesday of month– SAME location & timeframe as FVD.
#FVD #FVCP #FoxValleyDrupal #FoxValleyComputingProfessionals
#DrupalCorn #DrupalCon #Drupal #Blocks #CMS #OpenSource