- Bike, Hike and Eat Triathlon
Biking 9:00 AM - Hiking 11:00 AM - Eating 1:00 PM
Do one, two or all three!
- BIKING. Meet at the Point of Rocks Boat Ramp parking next to the Point of Rocks Marc Train Station at 9:00am and start our ride at 9:15. Directions: Take 15/340 South and exit onto Rout 28 (last exit before Virginia) or Clay St. Make the second right onto Monroe St, follow it around and turn right on Commerce St, then turn left on Canal St. Be careful crossing the train tracks, and down to the parking lot. Ride Details: The ride will take us along the C&O Canal Path, and is about 12 miles each way (24 miles total). Hybrid bikes are a good choice for this ride.
- HIKING. We will meet at the bike rack at the base of the spiral staircase at 10:45 am and start the hiking part at 11:00. The hike is about 3.8 miles round trip, 1000 ft. of elevation. If you are joining us for the hike only, meet at the black bike racks at the base of the spiral staircase. The bike racks are located on the C&O canal under the train and pedestrian bridge.
- EATING. Meet at The Rabbit Hole in Harpers Ferry for lunch. Directions: From the C&O canal, walk towards the bike racks where we locked up our bikes. Walk up the black metal spiral staircase to the train and pedestrian bridge, cross over the Potomac. Walk up Potomac Street, notice the Amtrak train station on your right as you walk up the slight incline. Turn left just before the train museum and stomp up the wooden stairs. It’s a long steep staircase. As an alternative, you can walk up High Street to The Rabbit Hole.
TRIP LEADERS: Wilson Mann and Lucy Koscielniak
Please RSVP on the meetup event site, or email [masked] or [masked],
- Wilson M.
- Jennifer E.
- Jeffrey S.
- 6 attendees
- Frederick Ski Club Meeting - April 2023
Join us for our monthly meeting at Brewer's Alley, 124 N. Market St. Frederick, MD 21701.
6:30 PM social; 7:30 Meeting
Stay up to speed on all of the details of the Club's activities - stories from this season's ski trips, early discussions on this summer's activities, bike rides, hikes, summer picnic on July 9, etc.! Hope to see you there!
- Phil & M.
- Beth W.
- 6 attendees