What we're about
We are the Fremont chapter of the globally connected Stoic Fellowship. The mission of the Stoic Fellowship is to help build, foster, and connect Stoic communities worldwide.
Our Fremont Stoics chapter hosts a variety of meetings and activities aimed to engage the Stoic community in Silicon Valley and connect with the global Stoic Fellowship. These events include:
- Monthly meetings of our Modern School of Stoic Philosophy to discuss teachings from Stoicism in a structured way. The school runs from March to October each year, and is open to anyone interested in learning about and practicing stoicism (enrollment is FREE! - course material provided).
- Annual Stoics Game night, Stoicon-X regional conference (October), and Holiday dinner to engage our fellow stoics from Northern California.
- Weekly meetings to encourage practice of Stoicism in daily lives, engage in intellectual discussions, around personal leadership, discipline, goals setting.
- Occasional hikes, dinners, book discussions, and other fun events.
- Newsletters where our fellow stoics share our learning about stoicism.
You are welcome to join us in any of our events and become part of the extended Stoic family - worldwide! We live the good life (Eudaimonia (Greek: εὐδαιμονία [eu̯dai̯moníaː]) using the Stoic pillars of Wisdom, Justice, Courage, Temperance - all foundational for the practice of Virtue. Join us in this fantastical journey - you will not be disappointed !
To learn more about our Modern School of Stoics Philosophy, visit: https://intergalactic.appspot.com/index.htm...
To know more about the global Stoic Fellowship, visit: https://stoicfellowship.com/mission.html#ma...
While we would love to have more fellow stoics involved in the learning of stoicism with us, currently we have a limit of 50 people in the Meetup group. Therefore, we will be occasionally unsubscribing folks who have not visited the group in awhile. We apologize for this inconvenience and welcome you to apply to rejoin the group when you are ready to become a more active participant.