CVAAS has been doing some big things lately. It's time for us to ask ourselves:
What's Next? What is our Next Step?
Since Heretic's Barbecue is wrapped up for 2016, and we've had a couple weeks to rest and recover, it would seem to be time to figure out where we are going to go next.
CVAAS is a California recognized corporation. We will be a non-profit. So now what?
As president of CVAAS there are definitely some things I would like to see us accomplish - and not just on our own. I want to help our other ValleyCoR.org members do this with us.
Topics I plan to cover for this meeting:
• Brainstorming our future - we need ideas from everyone for what we want the secular community in the San Joaquin Valley to be involved with.
• Future planning - I want to create 1, 2, and 5 year plans for future goals.
• New Groups - Encouraging the creation of, and offering support for new organizations.
• Secular / Skeptical community support - We can't forget to offer events for everyone - for those people who just want to get together and talk, to those who want to do.
• Community outreach - I want to raise awareness of the secular community in the San Joaquin Valley. To be accepted as part of our community we need to become more visible in our community. I think we can do good things while doing this. Highway cleanup, homeless assistance, and be more active in community events.
• Public relations - we're lousy at this. We need to be better. Community outreach will help, and we can get training for those of us who want it.
• Growth & Membership - we need ideas here.
• Raising funds - as we become a nonprofit, we need a way to pay for our status, for our events, for educating the public about the secular community.
• Pie-in-the-sky goals - we should make some amazing goals. A secular community center? Sunday Assembly? A full-blown secular conference with speakers, workshops, and panels? Let's see if they are not so silly.
What I really want to see is brainstorming, and to use that to figure out our direction and goals in order to meet our purpose.