Join BWAC members and friends on a Minneapolis lake winter hike. Lets get out after the rain on what is hopefully a slightly drier place for a hike.
• Departure 5:30 pm from the north side of the Lake Nokomis Beach parking lot.
• Distance and Difficulty: We will walk just under three miles on paved paths--no off-trail bushwhacking.
• Weather: It is expected to be ~32 degrees for a nice change. I expect the trails to be wet from recent rains, so plan accordingly.
• Enjoy winter beauty, hear about and ask questions about hiking and backpacking on BWCAW trails, and what participating in a Boundary Waters Advisory Committee (BWAC) trail clearing trip is like. Spring will come and BWAC will be in the wilderness restoring the legacy Powwow Trail in the BWCAW. We invite you to join us.
• Fine print. Phones in airplane mode. No alcohol. Tobacco-free. No pets. The hike will take about an hour and we will all stay together for the entire hike.
• What to bring. Check the weather and dress appropriately. Bring water and a snack if you would like. Footwear appropriate for patches of ice and grit or snow.
Feel free to message with any questions!