Thanks for stopping by. We may or may not be accepting new members, depending on how full our group is at any given time.
This group is for women 21 years old and up, who live in Friendswood or the surrounding area.
Full legal name (first, middle and last) and city of residence are required, but you can send them to the organizer by private message if you'd rather.
Please read before applying to see if our group is a good fit for you. The guidelines may change over time as the group evolves.
1) Ability to access our full meetup page information is required because this is where all the ongoing group information is posted. Viewing the full information may require getting on a laptop/desktop computer, or downloading the iPhone Meetup app.
2) Ability to find your own way to meetup locations is required. I am generally not available just before and during meetings so please look up your directions before leaving home.
3) Events are members-only. No guests or children.
4) No-shows and those with repeat cancellations are subject to removal. Please change your RSVP if you can't come after all. Please don't RSVP "Yes" just to hold a spot if you're not serious about wanting to attend. Of course cancellations are sometimes unavoidable, but when the numbers attending are far fewer than what was originally stated, it causes various problems for others.
5) Inactive members will be periodically removed from the group. Those who haven't attended for a few months may be deleted to make room for new applicants. We strive for a small-ish, tight-knit group of friends who are willing and able to attend regularly.
6) Please don't post other events/issues on our group's page. These are usually very well meant but have led to a surprising amount of hassle: Others getting the impression that it's a community bulletin board and posting a flood of ads or competing events, expectations that we're facilitating events we don't have anything to do with, members opting out of our group's messages completely after getting too many unrelated messages, etc.
7) This group is for enjoying each other's company and books. Please don't join to promote your own group or your own book, business, product or any other differing agenda.
8) This is a general book club. Books are nominated and voted on by members so might include any type of book. This group might not be a good fit for you if your reading tastes are very specific.
9) Meeting times- Meetings are held on the second Wednesday evening of each month, unless otherwise noted. The book for the month is listed under each month's meeting info., frequently several months into the future. To see the upcoming books, please click on the upcoming meeting information.
10) Meeting places- Meetings are held at area restaurants if no one volunteers to host at their home (or other place they have access to, such as apartment complex clubhouse, etc.) At private homes, each member brings a snack or drink to share. Liquor is allowed unless the hostess doesn't want it there. Hosting is appreciated but not required.
11) Please go light with discussing politics or religion, if at all. It's not the purpose of this group and can easily create hard feelings.
12) Photos- Taking photos of members or their homes can be a security issue or personal privacy preference, so please ask first.
13) Fees- Members aren't charged any of the fees for this group. However, it is a privately owned group and membership can be denied or revoked at the discretion of the organizer.
14) Be nice (and assume good intentions)- This is a friendly social group. :)